Trips and special events
Winter 2019 Adventure Trips & Workshops
Ski & Snowboard at Alpine Valley
- Trip Date: Saturday, January 26
- Trip Time: Leaves Mort Harris RFC at 2pm
- Trip Info: Meet at he MHRFC at 1:45pm, and head to Alpine Valley. Ski or Snowboard until 10pm and head back to Wayne State.
- Cost: $70 for WSU Students and includes lift ticket and transportation. $100 for WSU Students and it includes lift ticket, transportation, and ski or snowboard rental. Food is not included.
- Required Pre Trip Meeting: Thursday, January 24th at 7pm.
Ice Climbing at Peabody's in Fenton
- Trip Date: February 9
- Trip Time: Leaves Mort Harris RFC at 12:30pm
- Trip Info: Meet at the MHRFC at 12:15pm. Leave campus around 12:30pm and arrive at Peabody's around 1:30pm. Climb from 2-6pm, and head back to campus. Arrive back at Wayne State around 7pm.
- Cost: $50 for WSU Students and includes transportation and ice climbing gear. Food is not included.
- Required Pre Trip Meeting: Thursday, February 6 at 7pm at MHRFC
Zombie Apocalypse Training - Archery and Snowshoeing in Detroit
- Trip Date: March 22
- Trip Time: Leaves Mort Harris RFC at 12pm
- Trip Info: Meet at the MHRFC at 12:00pm, leave around 12:15pm. Ride the QLine downtown and walk to DNR. Guided zombie archery instruction and guided snowshoeing instruction. Head back to campus on the QLine and arrive back around 4pm.
- Cost: $30 for WSU Students and includes transportation, archery, and showshoeing instruction and equipment.
- Required Pre Trip Meeting: Thursday, March 20 at 7pm at MHRFC
Outdoor Climbing at Grand Ledge
- Trip Date: April 13
- Trip Time: Leaves Mort Harris RFC at 10:00am.
- Trip Info: Meet at the MHRFC at 10am and head to Grand Ledge. Climb for about 4-5 hours and head back to campus. Arrive back on campus around 5pm.
- Cost: $40 for WSU Students and includes transportation, all climbing gear, and instruction.
- Required Pre Trip Meeting: Thursday, April 11 at 7pm at MHRFC
Registration for these trips can be taken care of at the front desk of the Mort Harris RFC. If you have any questions about our trips, please feel free to contact Melanie Stawkey at email@example.com. You can also reach her office phone at (313) 577-6712.
Winter 2019 Workshops
New for the 2018-2019, we have added Adventure Workshops. Sign up for all of these can be done at the climbing wall desk from 4-11pm, Monday through Friday and 2-7pm Saturday and Sunday. All of these workshops are free.
Murder Mystery Party - Animal Edition: February 5, 6pm
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint: February 21, 6pm
Bouldering Basics: March 20, 6pm
Behind the Gear - Backpacking: March 28, 6pm
Apocalypse Training - Map & Compass Scavenger Hunt: April 2, 4pm
Behind the Gear - Climbing ft. Black Diamond: April 3, 7pm
To view previous trip photos, click HERE