About the Climbing Wall
Our wall is approximately 30 ft. tall with numerous top rope and lead climbing options and dozens of routes of varying difficulty. Each route is marked by different color tape to resemble outdoor routes and offer more of a challenge. Each route is rated on the Yosemite Decimal System; our routes range from 5.7 (Beginner) to 5.12 (Expert). We also have several bouldering problems. Boulder problems are approximately 10 ft. high and require no rope, however, are usually more difficult.
Climbing Wall Policies
All climbers are required to follow the policies below. Failure to do so will result in immediate dismissal from the climbing wall and possible loss of access to the gym indefinitely.
- All patrons that wish to boulder or climb must have either a valid Climbing Wall Year Pass or a valid Climbing Wall Day Pass. Non members of the Mort Harris RFC who purchase a Climbing Wall Day Pass must also purchase a guest pass and follow the guest policy. Information on the Guest Policy can be found here.
- All patrons that wish to boulder or climb must sign a waiver that will be kept on file for one year.
- All patrons that wish to boulder or climb must have passed a Belay Check by the Mort Harris RFC staff.
- Climbing Wall is open from 4:00pm – 11:00pm Monday – Friday. During this time, the wall is staffed to provide climbers with a Belay Check.
- All people that wish to boulder or climb must have a partner with them.
- Partner bouldering, top rope or lead climbing is permitted during non-staffed hours by patrons who have passed the Belay Check test administered by Campus Recreation staff.
- No bare feet allowed at the climbing wall. Socks may be worn. If wearing sandals, you must wear them with socks.
- No GriGris or self belay devices are allowed to be used on the wall except by staff.
- Patrons must sign in on a daily basis on the Climbing Wall Sign-in Sheet that is located at the climbing wall desk.
- Solo bouldering is not permitted at any time. You are only allowed to boulder with a partner.
- When bouldering you are only permitted to climb to the height of the spotter’s shoulders.
Top Rope Climbing
- You must have your own partner to belay you. The Mort Harris Recreation & Fitness Center staff does not provide belayers.
- Belayers must be anchored in at all times.
To use the climbing wall, please pay the front desk attendant and show the receipt to the climbing wall staff.
Climbing Wall Fees
WSU student/Mort Harris Member daily climbing pass without equipment rental
WSU student/Mort Harris Member daily climbing pass with equipment rental
|WSU Student/Mort Harris Member Year Pass with equipment rental||$60|
|WSU Student/Mort Harris Member Year Pass without equipment rental||$50|
All climbers pass a belay
check before climbing.
Non-Mort Harris RFC member Daily Pass without equipment rental
Non-Mort Harris RFC member Daily Pass with equipment rental
$5 + $10 guest fee
$10 + $10 guest fee
Non-Mort Harris RFC member wall only
Year pass without equipment
|Non-Mort Harris RFC member wall only
Year Pass with equipment