Matthaei Policies and Procedures
- All Open Recreation and Intramurals will be canceled evenings of Athletic Events - All dates are posted on front.
- All areas are reserved for classes and athletic first. Classes and athletics have priority inside during inclement/winter months.
- All affiliates of Wayne State are required to present their I.D. and driver’s license upon entrance to the building. There are NO exceptions. The Facility Office reserves the right to check all I.D.s including all alumni members.
- Any items left in the lockers past the clearance date will be confiscated and will be held for a 30-day period and then disposed of. Rental locker clearance for the summer semester is August 20. Please remove all items by 5 p.m. on August 20. Rental for the Fall 2010 begins on September 1.
- Please LOCK YOUR LOCKER!! Do not leave your belongings unattended and do not leave valuables in your locker. Please use the coin lockers, located next to the Trainers Room, for your valuables. Protect your belongings by renting a full or half size locker with a built-in combination or purchase a sturdy hard case lock. If you have any problems with your locker, Please see an Attendant or cashier in the Matthaei Shop, or ask for assistance in Room 126.
- Unauthorized locks are not to be left on overnight. Please use the locker plan if you wish to leave items in your locker.
- In addition to renting lockers, the Matthaei Shop also has light lunches and snack items available.
- Lost/Found articles will possibly be stored for 30 days ONLY!!
- Guests & children are allowed only AFTER 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Children are considered guests and must be over the age of 14. ALL Guests must be sponsored by a current affiliate of WSU
- Full court basketball is not allowed during recreation.
Every Evening & All Day Friday Policy
EVERYONE entering the Matthaei Facility on Monday thru Friday (day and evening) and also on weekends MUST conform to the following:
- Hand your WSU I.D. and current picture I.D. to the facility personnel for verification.
- Anyone who does not have both IDs will NOT be allowed in the building.
- Sign the sign-in sheet -- each evening and all day on Friday.
- Guests are allowed only after 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. This includes children.
- Each guest must be accompanied by an affiliate of WSU.
- One guest allowed per visit. Charge per guest is $4 or $2 immediate family.
- Full-court basketball games are not allowed because of limited gym space in Open Recreation. Half-court games are permissible in Gym 109 or 110 only when available.
- Proper gym shoes and court attire is a necessity in all areas during classes and recreation.
For additional recreation and building information phone the Matthaei Shop at 577-4260.