Policies and procedures
Effective January 1, 2016, ALL alumni need to be members of the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center in order to use the facility.
Matthaei policies and procedures
- All open recreation will be canceled in the evenings during ALL athletic events - all dates are posted on front.
- All areas are reserved for classes and athletics first. Classes and athletics have priority inside during inclement/winter months.
- All affiliates of Wayne State are required to swipe their OneCard upon entrance to the building. There are NO exceptions. The Facility Office reserves the right to check all I.D.'s including all alumni members.
- Locker rental for Spring/Summer 2015 began on Monday, May 11, 2015. Please LOCK YOUR LOCKER!! Do not leave your belongings unattended and do not leave valuables in your locker. Please use the coin lockers, located next to the Trainer's Room, for your valuables. Protect your belongings by renting a full or half size locker with a built-in combination or purchase a sturdy hard case lock. If you have any problems with your locker, please see an attendant or cashier in the Matthaei Shop, or ask for assistance in room 126. Any items left in the lockers passed the clearance date will be confiscated and will be held for a 30-day period and then disposed of. THERE ARE STILL LOCKERS AVAILABLE TO RENT FOR THIS SEMESTER/YEAR!
- Unauthorized locks are not to be left on overnight. Please use the locker plan if you wish to leave items in your locker.
- In addition to renting lockers, the Matthaei Shop also has beverages and snack items available.
- For additional recreation and building info, call the Facility Office at 577-4295.
- Lost/Found articles will possibly be stored for 30 days ONLY!!
- Guests & children are allowed only AFTER 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Children are considered guests and must be over the age of 14. ALL Guests must be sponsored by a current affiliate of WSU.
- Full court basketball is not allowed during recreation.
Every Evening & All Day Friday Policy
EVERYONE entering the Matthaei Facility on Monday through Friday (day and evening) and also on weekends MUST conform to the following:
- Hand your WSU I.D. and current picture I.D. to the Facility personnel for verification.
- Anyone who does not have a One Card will not have access to the building.
- Full-court basketball games are NOT allowed because of limited gym space in open recreation. Half court games are permissible in Gym 109 or 110 only, when available.
- Proper gym shoes and court attire is a necessity in all areas during classes and recreation.
- Guests and affiliates are allowed in the evenings starting at 5 p.m. They must sign the monitor sheet at the south entrance.
- Guests are allowed only after 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. This includes children.
- Each guest must be accompanied by an affiliate of WSU.
- One guest allowed per visit.
|Adult Day Pass||$10||Valid until the guest and sponsor exit the building.|
|Child Day Pass||$5||Valid until the guest and sponsor exit the building. |